Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello from the Grand Guide

Hello!

I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself and family. I had never heard of Job's Daughters until my husband became involved as a Mason. I have been involved with Job's Daughters off and on for 28 years. I have three daughters, Kelly, Kris & Kit. I am a grandmother of six and recently a great grandmother of two. Two daughters, two granddaughters and a sister in law are PHQ's of Bethel #45. My youngest daughter is a Past Sr. Princess of #64 (all are Majority Members) and my in laws were PBG & PABG for Bethel #45. The best for last, and one Past Grand Guardian, Kris Smith. That is a lot of history!

I was raised in Grove City, Ohio and now live in Galloway, Ohio. My husband is Dave and he is the current WM of Avery Lodge #493 in Hilliard, Ohio. We enjoy boating and traveling. I have a dog named Molly (who is very spoiled) and 7 house "rabbits". Their names are, Petey, Timmy, Pandora, Louie, Otis, Stormy and my baby, Grizelda (whose picture is on my facebook profile). These rabbits were all abandoned and we adopted them. They have become our little "kids".

Now some news about District 1:

District 1 was well represented in two parades. On Saturday, July 2, 2011 our GBHQ Ashley and OMJD Elizabeth along with Alexis from Bethel #45, rode in the Reynoldsburg parade and represented Job's Daughters very well.

On July 4, 2011 we again had our OMJD Elizabeth and GBJP Cindy along with some of the GB officers and representatives. We also had a mom and a Jobie to Bee in the Hilliard Parade. It was a very long parade! After both parades we had cookouts and enjoyed the time together. Already making plans for next year parade!

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! Parades, cookouts, friends and family!!!! Nothing could be any better. I hope everyone had a good 4th of July and I am looking forward to Supreme Session.

Remember to wish the Ohio Messenger Team good luck in their competition!!

Linda Davies, BG #45
Grand Guide

1 comment:

  1. This is a great story. I wish I could have been at the Hilliard parade. i do miss the parade and the picnics with the Masons. Ihope you have a great year as Grand Guide. Bethel #45 is lucky to have you.
    Sally (Davies) Leva
    PHQ Bethel #45

    ReplyDelete